Front Pastedown and First Page of Front Advertisements in the 1853 H. G. Bohn "Standard Library" Reprint
BOHN'S STANDARD LIBRARY.
Post Sro., Elegantly Printed, and bound in Cloth, at 3s. 6d. per Vol.
1 THE MISCELLANEOUS WORKS AND REMAINS OF THE REV. ROBERT
HALL with Memoir by Dr. Gregory, and Essay by John Foster. Portrait
2 & 3. ROSCOE'S LIFE AND PONTIFICATE OF LEO X.,Edited by his Son,
with the Copyright Notes, Documents, &c In 3 Vols. Portraits.
4. SCHLEGELS LECTURES ON THE PHILOSOPHY OF HISTORY. Translated
from the German, with a Memoir by J. B. Robertson, Esq. Portrait.
5 & 6. SISMONDI’S HISTORY OF THE LITERATURE OF THE SOUTH OF EUROPE. Translated by Roscoe. In 2 Vols. Portraits.
7. ROSCOE'S LIFE OF LORENZO DE MEDICI, with the Copyright Notes, &c.
8. SCHLEGELS LECTURES ON DRAMATIC LITERATURE. Portrait.
9 & 11. BECKMANN'S HISTORY OF INVENTIONS, DISCOVERIES, AND ORIGINS. Fourth Edition, revised and enlarged. In 2 Vols. Portraits.
10. SCHILLER'S HISTORY OF THE THIRTY YEARS' WAR AND REVOLT OF THE NETHERLANDS. Translated by A. J. W Morrison. Portrait.
12 SCHILLER'S WORKS. Vol. II. [Conclusion of “The Revolt of the Netherlands;” “Wallenstein’s Camp;” “The Piccolomini;” “The Death of Wallenstein;” and " Wilhelm Tell.”] With Portrait of Wallenstein.
13. MEMOIRS OF THE LIFE OF COLONEL HUTCHINSON. By his Widow:
with an “Account of the Siege of Lathom House.” Portrait.
14. MEMOIRS OF BENVENUTO CELLINI, by HIMSELF. By Roscoe. Portrait.
15, 18, & 22. COXE’S HISTORY OF THE HOUSE OF AUSTRIA, from the
foundation of the Monarchy, 1218—1792. Complete in 8 vols. Portraits.
16, 19, & 23. LANZI'SHISTORY OF PAINTING. By Roscoe. In 3 Vols. Portraits.
17. OCKLEY’S HISTORY OF THE SARACENS, Revised and Completed. Potrait.
20. SCHILLER'S WORKS. Vol. III. [“Don CarIos," "Mary Stuart," "Maid of
Orleans,” and “ Bride of Messina.”] Frontispiece
21, 26, & 33. LAMARTINE’S HISTORY OF THE GroNdISTS; Or, Memoirs of
the French Revolution, from unpublished sources. In 3 Vols. Potraits.
24. MACHIAVELLIS HISTORY OF FLORENCE, PRINCE &c. Portrait.
25. SCHLEGEL’S LECTURES ON THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE AND THE
PHILOSOPHY OF LANGUAGE. Translated by A. J. W. Morrison.
27, 32, & 36. RANKE’S HISTORY OF THE POPES. Translated by E. Foster.
In 3 Vols. Portraits. (The only complete English translation.)
28, 30, & 34. COXE’S MEMOIRS OF THE DUKE OF MARLBOROUGH. In
3 Vols. Portraits.
*** Atlas, of 26 fine large Maps and Plans of Marlborough’s Campaigns, (being all those published in the original edition at £12 12s.) 4to. 10s. 6d.
29. SHERIDAN'S DRAMATIC WORKS AND LIFE. Portrait
31. GOETHE’S WORKS. Vol. I. [His Autobiography. 13 Books.] Portrait.
35. WHEATLEY ON THE COMMON PRAYER. Frontispiece.
37. MILTON'S PROSE WORKS. Vol. I. Portrait.
38. 41, & 45. MENZEL’S HISTORY OF GERMANY. Complete in 3 Vols. Portrait.
39. MILTON’S PROSE WORKS. Vol. II. Frontispiece.
40. MILTON S PROSE WORKS. Vol. III. Portait of Land.
42. SCHLEGEL’S AESTHETIC AND MISCELLANEOUS WORKS.
43. Goethe's WORKS. Vol. II. [Remainder of his Autobiography, and Travels.]
44. Schiller's Works. Vol. IV. ["The Robbers," "Fiesko," "Love and Intrigue," and "The Gosh Seer."] Translated by Henry G. Bohn.
46. Schlegel's Lectures on Modern History.
47. Lamartine's History of the French Revolution of 1848.
48 & 50. Junius's Letters, with Notes, Additions, Essay, Index, &c. 2 Vols.
49, 55, 60, 65, 71. Vasari's Lives of the Most Celebrated Painters, Sculptors, and Architects. Translated by Mrs. Foster, with Notes. Complete in 5 Vols., with Index.
Wetherell, Elizabeth [Susan Warner]. The Wide, Wide World. Reprint, Standard Library, London: H. G. Bohn, 1853.
The Wide, Wide World Digital Edition by Jessica DeSpain, Jennifer Brady, Melissa White, and Jill Anderson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.