Second Page of Back Advertisements in the 1853 H. G. Bohn "Standard Library" Reprint
Also, uniform with the Standard Library, 5s. (except Thucydides, AEschylus, Virgil, Horace, and Cicero's Offices, which are 3s. 6d. each),
BOHN’S CLASSICAL LIBRARY.
A Series oF Literal Prose Translations of the Greek and Latin Classics, WITH NOTES.
1. HERODOTUS. By the Rev. Henry Cary, M.A. Index, and Frontispiece.
2 & 3. THUCYDIDES. By the Rev. H. Dale. In 2 Vols. (3s. 6d. each).
4. PLATO. Vol. I. By Cary. [The Apology of Socrates, Crito, Phaedo, Gorgias, Protagotas, Phaedrus, Theaetetus, Euthyphron, Lysis.]
5. LIVY’S HISTORY OF ROME. VoL I., Books 1 to 8.
6. PLATO. Vol. II By Davis. [The Republic, Timaeus, and Critias.]
7. LIVY’S HISTORY OF ROME. Vol. II, Books 9 to 26.
8. SOPHOCLES. The Oxford Translation, revised.
9. AESCHYLUS. By an Oxonian. (Price 3s 6d.)
10. ARISTOTLE’S RHETORIC AND POETIC. With Examination Questions.
11. LIVY’S HISTORY OF ROME. VoL III., Books 27 to 36.
12 & 14. EURIPIDES. From the Text of Dindorf. In 2 Vols.
13. VIRGIL By Davidson. New Edition, Revised. (Price 3s. 6d.)
15. HORACE. By Smart. New Edition, Revised. (Price 3s. 6d.)
16. ARISTOTLE’S ETHICS. By Prof. R. W. BrownE, of King’s College.
17. CICERO’S OFFICES. [Old Age, Friendship, Scipio’s Dream, Paradoxes, &c.]
18. PLATO. Vol. III. By G. Burges, M.A. [Eutchydemus, Symposium, Sophistes, Politicus, Laches, Parmenides, Cratylus, and Meno.]
19. LIVY’S HISTORY OF ROME. Vol. IV. (which completes the work).
20. CAESAR AND HIRTIUS. With Index.
21. HOMER'S ILIAD, Frontispiece.
22. HOMER’S ODYSSEY, Hymns, Epigrams, and Battle of the Frogs and Mice
23. PLATO. Vol. IV. By G. Burges, M.A. [Pliilebus, Charmides, Laches, The Two Alcibiades, and Ten other Dialogues.]
24. 25, & 32. OVID. By H. T. RILEY, B.A. Complete in 3 Vols. .Frontispieces.
26. LUCRETIUS. By the Rev. J. S. Watson. With the Metrical Version of J. M. Good.
27. 30, 31, & 34. CICERO S ORATIONS. By C. D. Yonge. Complete in 4 Vols (Vol. 4 contains also the Rhetorical Pieces.)
28. PINDAR. By Dawson W. Turner. With the Metrical Version of Moore. Front.
29. PLATO. VoL V. By G. Burges, M.A. [The Laws.]
33. THE COMEDIES OF PLAUTUS. By H. T. Riley, B.A. In 2 Vols. Vol. I.
34. JUVENAL PERSIUS, &o. By the Rev. L. Evans, M.A. With the Metrical Version of Gifford. Frontispiece.
Also, uniform with the STANDARD Library, at 5s. per volume,
BOHN’S ILLUSTRATED LIBRARY. 1 to 8. Lodge's portraits of illustrious personages of great britain 8 vols. post 8 vol. 240 Portraits
9LAUIKSHANK'S THREE COURSES AND DESSERT, with 50 Illustrations.
10.PICKERING’S RACES OF MAN, with numerous Portraits (or Coloured 7s. 6d.)
11 KITTO'S SCRIPTURE LANDS, AND BIBLICAL ATLAS, with 24 Maps, (or Coloured, 7s. 6d.)
12. WHITE’S NATURAL HISTORY OF SELBORNE, with Notes bv Sir Wm. Jardine and others, edited, with large additions, by Ed. Jesse, Esq. With 40 highly-finished Wood Engravings (Coloured, 7s. 6d.}
13' DIDRON'S CHRISTIAN ICONOGRAPHY, with 150 beautiful Engravings. IN 2 Vols. Vol. I.
14. REDDING ON WINES. New and Revised Edition, with 20 beautiful Woodcuts.
15 &16 ALLEN'S BATTLES OF THE BRITISH NAVY. NEW EDITION. Elarged by the Author. Numerous f ine Portraits on Steel 2 Vols.
17 & 18. ROME IN THE NINETEENTH CENTURYFifth Edition, in 2 Vols., with 34 fine Steel Engravings, and Index.
Wetherell, Elizabeth [Susan Warner]. The Wide, Wide World. Reprint, Standard Library, London: H. G. Bohn, 1853.
The Wide, Wide World Digital Edition by Jessica DeSpain, Jennifer Brady, Melissa White, and Jill Anderson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.