Third Page of Back Advertisements in the 1853 H. G. Bohn "Standard Library" Reprint
Also, uniform with the Standard Library, price 5s.,
BOHN'S ANTIQUARIAN LIBRARY.
1. BEDE’S ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY, & THE ANGLO-SAXON CHRONICLE.
2. MALLET'S NORTHERN ANTIQUITIES. By Bishop Percy. With Abstract of the Eyrbiggia Saga, by Sir Walter Scott. Edited by J. A. Blackwell.
3. WILLIAM OF MALMESBURY'S CHRONICLE 0F THE KINGS OF ENGLAND.
4. SIX OLD ENGLISH CHRONICLES: viz., Asser’s Life of Alfred; the Chronicles of Ethelwerd, Gildas, Nennius, Geoffry of Monmouth, and Richard of Cirencester.
5. ELLIS’S EARLY ENGLISH METRICAL ROMANCES. Revised by J. Orchard IIalliwell. Complete in one vol., with Illuminated Frontispiece.
6. CHRONICLES OF THE CRUSADERS: Richard of Devizes, Geoffrey de Vinsauf, Lord de Joinville. Complete in 1 volume, with Frontispiece.
7. EARLY TRAVELS IN PALESTINE. Willibald, Saewulf, Benjamin of Tudela, Mandeville, La Brocquiere, and Maundrell. In one volume. With Map.
8. 10, & 12. BRAND'S POPULAR ANTIQUITIES OF GREAT BRITAIN. By SIR Henry Ellis. In 3 Vols.
9 & 11. ROGER OF WENDOVER'S FLOWERS OF HISTORY (formerly ascribed to Matthew Paris.) In 2 Vols.
13. KEIGHTLEY'S FAIRY MYTHOLOGY. Enlarged. Frontispiece by Cruiksha nk.
14, 15, & 16. SIR THOMAS BROWNE’S WORKS. Edited by Simon WiLkin. Portrait. In 3 Vols. With Index.
BOHN’S MINIATURE LIBRARY.
Foolscap I2mo. elegantly bound in morocco cloth.
BARBAULD AND AIKIN'S EVENINGS AT HOME. Frontisps. 3s.
BOURRIENNE'S MEMOIRS OF NAPOLEON, fine Portrait and Frontisp. 3s.6d. BUNYAN'S PILGRIM'S PROGRESS. With a Life and Notes by Scott, containing all in Southey’s Edition. 25 fine Woodcuts, by Harvey, Frontisp. &c. 3s. 6d.
CHEEVER’S LECTURES ON, -Frontisp. 2s. 6 d.
BYRON’S POETICAL WORKS, in 1 thick Volume, including several suppressed Poems not included in other editions. Beautiful Frontispiece. 3s. 6d.
DON JUAN, complete. Frontispieces. 2s. 6d.
COLERIDGE'S SELECT POETICAL WORKS. 2s.
COWPER’S POETICAL WORKS, with Life by Southey, including all the copyright Poems (700 pages). Beautiful Frontispieces after Harvey, by Goodall. 3s. 6d.
ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF MANNERS AND ETIQUETTE, comprising an improved edition of Chesterfield’s Advice to his Son on Men and Manners. 2s.
HEBER'S (BP.) & MRS. HEMANS’ POETICAL WORKS. 3 Vols. in 1. Frontisp. 3s. HERRICK'S POETICAL WORKS, complete, Frontispiece. 3s.
JOE MILLER’S JEST BOOK. Frontispiece. 3s.
LONGFELLOW’S POETICAL WORKS, viz.—Voices of the Night—Evangeline—Seaside and Fireside—Spanish Students—Translations. Portrait and Frontisp. 3s. 6d.
—————— PROSE WORKS, viz.—Outre-Mer—Hyperion—Kavanagh. 3s. 6d.
MILTON'S POETICAL WORKS, with Life and Notes by Dr. Stebbing; and Dr.
Channing’s Essay on Milton. Frontispiece. 3s. 6d.
OSSIAN'S POEMS, with Dissertations by Macpherson and Dr. Blair. Frontisp. 3s. POPE'S HOMER’S ILIAD. Essay on Homer. Notes and Essays. Frontispiece. 3s.
——— ODYSSEY, (uniform). Frontispiece. 3s.
SCOTT'S POETICAL WORKS, and Life, in one volume. Port, and Frontisp. 3s. 6d.
STURM'S REFLECTIONS ON THE WORKS OF GOD. Frontisp. 2s.
THOMPSON'S SEASONS. With his Castle of Indolence, 4 fcault/ul Woodcuts. 2s.
VATHEK, AND THE AMBER WITCH 2 vols. in1. 3s.
Wetherell, Elizabeth [Susan Warner]. The Wide, Wide World. Reprint, Standard Library, London: H. G. Bohn, 1853.
The Wide, Wide World Digital Edition by Jessica DeSpain, Jennifer Brady, Melissa White, and Jill Anderson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.